Sunday, December 9, 2007



Gingerbread Mansions





Last night we decided to make gingerbread houses. It was Clint's idea (I think he just wanted an excuse to buy lots of candy to eat). I went for the traditional design to create my gingerbread house, but Clint decided to go for a more architecturally advanced house. He made his two stories high and included a garage. He also added a cement walkway and driveway. If you're wondering where the cement is, it's really the green sprinkles (It's okay if you thought it was grass...I did too). I also learned a couple new things from Clint while making the houses. One thing I learned is that the "gable" is the supporting piece for the roof. I called it the "triangle part" that holds up the graham cracker roof. Maybe next year we'll attempt to use real gingerbread!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute, you guys! Very festive and fun. Dan and I haven't even attempted the graham cracker kind yet...

Eileen said...

Very impressive!! Krista showed me how to do comments so here I am Glad you're home safe

Kristen said...

I swear I saw a new post on here about your anniversary. Am I making that up? Well, happy anniversary last month! Too bad I couldn't be there this year, too!