Monday, June 8, 2009

The Move

We finally made it to our new home in Corvallis! About 2 weeks ago we moved into a 2 bedroom apartment. Before we moved to Corvallis, we spent the first few weeks in Portland where we lived with Brent and Darcee (Clint's very kind and generous brother and his wife). We had a lot of fun living with them for those few weeks, but we are excited to finally have our own place. At our new place we have much more room than our previous apartment and Caden has his own room now! He and I sleep much better now. We also have a nice little deck off of our living room where I'm going to attempt to grow some things. We'll see how this goes. I'm pretty sure I should have started growing earlier in the season, but I haven't really had a chance to. There are also some nice running paths close to our apartment that Caden and I can venture on during the summer.


Leaving Provo


Farewell Monaco Court!


Our new place (the living room)

Living room looking into the dining room

Kitchen and dining room

Here's what we have been up to since moving.

Clint has been enjoying his new job. He works pretty close to home so it's been nice to see him at lunch sometimes and he gets home at a decent time every day. So far Clint has not been able to go dirt biking around here and is currently going through withdrawls. I usually hear a comment from him once a day that sounds something like this..."There's got to be some good riding around here! Look at those mountains, there's got to be some good dirt biking trails up there." I'm sure he'll find some riding soon enough!

Caden has really been growing up fast and is so much fun. He's almost 6 months old now. He can roll all over and he really wants to crawl. He will put his knees up under himself and lift his body up and try to move, but his legs usually end up falling out underneath himself. He gets so frustrated because he wants to move, but he doesn't quite have it yet. He can pretty much sit up by himself, but he never lasts very long because he wants to get on the floor and move. He's now eating rice cereal and oatmeal and gets it all over himself! He's starting to take longer naps and is getting close to sleeping completely through the night. I'm only up once a night with him for a few minutes. He is also getting better at falling asleep all by himself!


First feeding of rice cereal. Half of it is all over his face!


Sunday nap after church


An afternoon at Pacific Beach

Just having fun playing


Caden is always on his tummy trying to move. Most of the time he makes noises of frustration because he can't go exactly where he wants to.

6 comments:

Darcee said...

Your apartment looks great! I love the couches! It will be fun to come down and see you guys. I'd love to check out the trails down there with you.
The boys are still asking about "be-be", "Ju-ju" and "Kint". I hope you are rested now after your trip!

Heather said...

The apartment looks great--you have it decorated so cute! Also, I can't believe Caden is 6 months! He is so cute-glad he is sleeping better. He sounds like a good baby!

Betsy said...

Your apartment looks great and Caden is so cute. He sounds like hes got a lot of personality and determination, cute. Hope you like the Portland area, I always love visiting my sister there.

Unknown said...

Jules, your place is so cute! I can't believe Caden is crawling already- or at least close! I need to call you soon so we can chat and you can tell me how the neighborhood is and everything. =)

Sara said...

Congrats on the move! That must be a relief! We'll have to visit the next time we come to Portland.

Brendon said...

So good to see your new place & hear that Clint likes his job. The apartment looks so nice. Clint is getting so big.

I'll be giving you a call this week.