August is over and I feel like it just started! I was trying to do better about blogging because it's the best way for me to record a family history and what's going on. Here's some updates on us and the kids...
Hunter: 4 months old already! He's still really sweet and calm. He laughs and is getting closer to rolling over. His hair is slowly growing in and looks pretty light. He either laughs or cries at Caden. He slept through the night (about 12 hours each) 3 nights in a row, but since then things have taken a turn for the worse :( He goes down for his naps really well. I can put him down wide awake and he'll go to sleep...it's amazing!! He sucks his thumb and usually it's a good indicator to me that he's tired so I know when to put him down for a nap. His 6 month size clothes are getting to small on him.
Caden: Made huge strides in potty training (yes, still at it). He likes to go all by himself now without telling me. I still ask him if he needs to go just in case he needs a reminder :) He always says "no", but sometimes 2 minutes later I'll hear him run to the potty. He'll also go in public places which he wouldn't do for a long time. He is now riding his big boy bike, with training wheels of course, that we had gotten him for Christmas last year. We knew it'd be too big for him then, but hoped he'd grow into it over the summer. He asks me all day long to go on a bike ride and most days we do. He likes to "dance" with Hunter. He'll turn on Hunter's noise maker so music plays and starts jumping on the bed while I bounce Hunter up and down. Hunter usually lets out a lot of giggles because Caden is laughing hysterically. When Caden gets upset or mad and starts crying he always says "my eyes hurt! my eyes hurt!". This is cured by him rubbing his eyes with his beloved blanket. Clint and I tell him his eyes hurt because he's crying! Caden also likes to read stories to Hunter and have him sit next to him in his reading chair.
We are moving to a new place down the street! After months of dilligently searching craigslist, we finally found a 3 bedroom place to rent. It's a house and has a pretty good sized backyard. I can't wait to move and for Hunter to have his own room. My sister made the comment to me that if there was ever a kid who needed a backyard it was Caden. He could literally spend all day outside so having a closed off backyard will be amazing!
We are moving to a new place down the street! After months of dilligently searching craigslist, we finally found a 3 bedroom place to rent. It's a house and has a pretty good sized backyard. I can't wait to move and for Hunter to have his own room. My sister made the comment to me that if there was ever a kid who needed a backyard it was Caden. He could literally spend all day outside so having a closed off backyard will be amazing!
Earlier in the month we spent a week in Yakima. Clint went fishing and the kids and I hung out with family. Caden wasn't scared of the big pool this time and had fun swimming. He also mowed the lawn with Grandpa Connell while sitting on his lap. We've also taken a couple of trips to Newport beach. Caden isn't scared of the sand anymore! Clint's project at work is finishing up in a couple of weeks. He's been busy with work and young men's mostly. He got a mountain bike a little while ago and will ride it to work sometimes. I'm keeping busy taking care of Caden and Hunter. I can't say that I'm really up to anything else besides doing mom stuff.

5 comments:
Somehow I've missed your last couple of blog posts! I loved catching up and your kids are so cute! Hunter looks like such a sweet baby. Glad you are doing well and good luck with your upcoming move!
Henry & Caden could be good friends & we could hang out with you in your backyard all day long. Henry LOVES being outside. I just told Brendon this week that our next apartment needs a lawn (that's not a want, either).
Hunter looks like such a sweet, mellow boy. Hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night for you.
aww those boys are so cute! Hunter does indeed look like a happy, calm baby. I guess that evens out Caden's energy right? Good luck with the move!! We are house hunting too right now... exciting but disappointing at the same time :/
Congrats on the new place. When are you moving? Let me know what I can do to help!
Your kids are adorable! Congratulations on having Hunter!! I'm glad you're doing well!
Post a Comment