
Last weekend had some great weather so we decided to go to the coast for the day. Newport is only a little over an hour away. I'm longing for that nice weekend again since this whole week has been rather gloomy. Oh well! It's part of living in Oregon I guess. One of my favorite things about going to the beach is that first glimpse you get of the ocean when you're driving in the car. I get so excited to see it! I love how you see the huge ocean and nothing else beyond it.


Earlier this week I was washing the blanket we took to the beach and Caden kept wanting me to do something with it but I couldn't figure it out. Then I finally realized he wanted me to lay it out like we did at the beach. I spread it out on his bedroom floor and he hopped right on it and started spinning around in circles like he did at the beach.

This is what happens when I leave the bathroom door open for .2 seconds. I seriously could not believe how fast he unrolled the entire roll of TP!

In Newport we walked around the bay and found some sea lions lounging below the dock. They were pretty loud, fat and lazy! Caden got a kick out of watching them. He didn't really laugh or smile, but he was very intrigued by the loud blubbery animals. I don't think he knew what to think of them. Here's Caden checking out the sea lions.

After walking around the bay we drove to one of the beaches. Caden did NOT like the sand at all. I thought he would just crawl in it instead of walking because that's what he does when he's somewhere new and outside. But instead he just started crying and wouldn't move anywhere when we put him down and tried to get him to walk. Later we pulled out a big blanket and he seemed content to walk on that. He would get right up to the edge and then quickly back away.

Earlier this week I was washing the blanket we took to the beach and Caden kept wanting me to do something with it but I couldn't figure it out. Then I finally realized he wanted me to lay it out like we did at the beach. I spread it out on his bedroom floor and he hopped right on it and started spinning around in circles like he did at the beach.Other random pictures...
Caden likes strapping on my ipod to his arm. He watches me do it when we go for a run--he's always a little copycat!

This is what happens when I leave the bathroom door open for .2 seconds. I seriously could not believe how fast he unrolled the entire roll of TP!

5 comments:
lol oh my gosh Jules, I am cracking up at this! Caden is so funny! I really miss the beach.. Miami just didn't cut it for me but I still miss it! We need to chat soon.. I actually just sent off your BIRTHDAY card today =) and I'll be giving you a call on Sunday!
Super cute. Love the blanket stories.
He's so cute guys! They get big fast don't they? And doesn't it surprise you when they pick up on things that you had no idea they were even noticing? I love that age. I can't wait for someday when we can get yours, Stephanie's, and my boys together.
Haha... he's so cute! And the beach looks amazing!!
That is so cute about the blanket! (Both how he wouldn't leave it at the beach and how he wanted to reenact it later!) You have such a cute little boy. It looks like you had such a nice day at the beach!
Post a Comment