Easter this year was pretty low key. I did an Easter basket for Caden which included a new board book and some Easter eggs with mini Nilla wafers and Teddy Grahams. I had a hard time trying to find an Easter basket that I thought looked decent. They all seemed either too girly or just plain ugly. In fact this basket had a butterfly on it (don't worry, I removed it!).
Here's Caden checking out his Easter goods. He liked the Easter eggs the most and didn't seem that thrilled about the treats inside. He loves Nilla's and Teddy Grahams so I was kind of surprised about that. I don't know why he doesn't have pants on. I can't remember why I waited to put them on! He likes it this way better anyway.
During the race I was petrified of the 2 turn around areas for the bike and I'm amazed I didn't fall off trying to turn--it was too sharp! During the bike ride I also felt me shoe lace catch briefly on the gears so I had to stop and tuck in my shoe laces to avoid a nasty crash. Needless to say, I was quite excited to finish the last turn around and be on my way to running where I knew I couldn't get hurt. Getting off the bike and then trying to get my legs to run was way harder than I had anticipated. Amber even warned me of this, but I didn't really know how it would be until I experienced it for myself. I was laughing at myself because I could barely get my legs to move. Eventually, after like 2 miles, I finally felt a little more normal.
Even though the weather was chilly and a bit rainy, I still had fun and would definitely do it again. I don't have any action pictures, but I promise that I actually did it! Here's a pre-race shot of Amber and myself.

Other randomness...
Here's a cute Caden moment from today: After getting home from the store, Caden started taking out groceries and opening the kitchen cupboard to put them away. Of course they didn't actually end up in the cupboard neatly put away, but were eventually scattered all over the apartment.
You can't tell he's putting them away, but here he is digging through the bag. At the store, the grocery guy commented on how good Caden was and how some kids that come through the store are crying and throwing fits. I was thinking to myself..."I've been in this store before when Caden has made a big scene! And lots of people were looking at me!" I was also thinking that in about 2 minutes when I get to the car I'm going to have to fight Caden getting into his car seat. Ha! Oh well, I'll let the man think my child is an angel all the time.
6 comments:
great job on the duathlon! I can't believe you biked that far just practicing a little the night before! You're amazing!!
I'm WAY impressed that you just decided last minute to do the duathalon! That's awesome! Thanks for sending Clint to help us this weekend! Caden was soooooo good! He is such a sweet little guy! C and K love having him come play!
Wow, go you jules on the duathlon! Yeah, biking is definitely not my forte, but then again, neither is running... Caden is so cute, what a funny guy "helping" with groceries.. I noticed they are from Trader Joes and I am jealous =)
Hi Julie! Our ward YW has a blog now, with activity info, so I logged on to blogger and stumbled across my gaggy photo from the race. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do with Caden! What a cutie! Thanks again for doing the race with me - you are a super champ! :) See you again this weekend.
Way to go! That sounds like so much fun but I would be nervous of the bike part, too.
Julie, I am so impressed! But then, I always think you're so impressive (seriously). And you have such a cute little guy!
Post a Comment