Monday, May 24, 2010

Bad Habits

Over the last few months, Caden has been finding fun in spitting out his water or milk (fun for him, not for me!). He usually sits in his high chair and lets the water/milk dribble out of his mouth, onto his bib, and onto the high chair tray. It's like a little waterfall. Then he keeps doing it over and over until I stop him or he's out of liquid. It's been driving me crazy and he knows exactly what he's doing! Sometimes he'll wait for me to look at him and then he'll let it all out. I think I've tried every possible tactic with him to get him to stop, but nothing seems to work. I've ignored him, I've told him "no", I take it away from him, etc. Sometimes he spits his milk out and then automatically holds up his sippy cup because he knows I'm coming for it.

Lately, (well, more like the last several months), Caden seems to get up during the night once or sometimes twice a week and won't go back to sleep unless I go to him. I decided to start putting a sippy cup of water in his crib in hopes that he would drink it and go back to sleep if he was thirsty and that's the reason why he was getting up and not going back to sleep on his own. It worked great for the first few nights until last night when he emptied the entire cup of water onto himself! I could hear him making noises like 45 minutes after I had put him to bed, but he wasn't crying so I didn't go to him. Then it would go quiet for a while and then I'd hear him again. So this went on for a while and I decided something was up since he wasn't asleep yet. Clint went in to check on him and found him completely soaked and his sippy cup totally empty. Ha! I'd like to keep putting the sippy cup in his crib, but I'll have to see how things go from now on.  

Another bad habit of Caden's is dropping things off the deck. Last week our new neighbor that lives right below us brought me my car keys that Caden had dropped without me even knowing it! He's also dropped a bottle of salad dressing (luckily it didn't break open), some of his Little People animals, and lots of other small toys that fit through the slats. I probably sound like I don't even watch my own child, but I promise I do! He's pretty speedy and sneaky sometimes and always running in and out from the deck. 

Anyway, I don't have any pics of him in his soaking pajamas or dropping things off the deck, but I do have some from last week...

I was using some sandpaper on a project and Caden hopped up on a chair and wanted to "help". He found a little piece of paper on the table and began to copy me using sandpaper. 

Discovering the spray bottle. This will come in handy this summer when we don't have AC!

Caden has been obsessed with keys. He was riding his trike around and putting the keys where the ignition would be. 

Yesterday after church, Caden insisted on wearing his belt after he changed into different clothes.

We went for a walk and to a waterfall two weekends ago. Caden wanted to show off his white belly.

I liked this picture on the bridge. Caden would run back and forth across it.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have all that to look forward to?!? That's awesome! :)

Love the pic on the bridge.

The Francis Family said...

Tyson was a pro at dumping out sippy cups, too! We finally broke down and bought a couple of the screw top lids and that really helped! Caden really is such a cute baby! I love his hair!! Hopefully he and Tyson will get to meet each other someday soon!

Betsy said...

He is a little character, its a good thing he is so cute with that red hair. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Aaron and Steph said...

lol oh my gosh.. boys are so silly! Love the belt he's wearing over his shirt! He's just looking so big, like a little BOY not a baby! (You know what that means it's time for right Jules ;) What's this project you're doing with sandpaper? I love projects so I must know!

Brittney said...

Haha... such a trouble maker, yet such a helper! He's so stinkin' cute. I love the pictures.

Katrina said...

He sounds like quite a character! I was laughing out loud from the stories and your commentary! He's so cute.