Friday, May 14, 2010

A Year Ago...

It's hard to believe it's almost been exactly a year since we moved to Corvallis. It has really flown by! This little city has definitely grown on me. This past year I've still had to adjust being a stay-at-home mom. I try to keep myself busy with projects, being outdoors, reading books, etc. Caden has grown up so much and shows his personality more each day. Clint is super busy with work, planning dirt bike trips, and plotting on how to win me over to buy a camp trailer.

Here are some things I love about Corvallis...

1. Easy access to the outdoors. There are bike trails, parks, and hiking within a few minutes. You're not trapped in a big city.

2. It's beautiful! Especially right now with spring on it's way out and summer approaching. The weather right now is perfect.

3. Corvallis is a nice city. There's not really any major ghetto parts. At least not compared to Yakima.

4. Everyone is pretty friendly. Maybe it's because I have a cute red head who flirts with anyone who will look at him.

5. Close to the coast.

6. Trader Joe's, TJ Maxx, and Michael's are all on the same strip mall. I go there quite frequently :)

7. Great ward! Our ward has been so friendly and fun to be a part of.

8. Clint works close to home.

Things that I don't like about Corvallis...

1. Not much shopping. Hence, why my favorite place to go in town is Trader Joe's, TJ Maxx, and Michael's. This is actually a blessing in disguise.

2. People riding around on ridiculous looking bikes. I've never seen so many strange bikes in my life! Corvallis is considered one of the most friendly bike cities.

3. Too many dogs not on leashes. Some dogs mind their own business, but others get a little too close for comfort.

4. The Spring rain.

5. College town. But it has a really different feel than Provo, which is a good thing! I don't even notice that it is a college town most of the time.

So, overall, I'd say the pros outweigh the cons!

Here's some pics of Caden out by the trail behind our apartment. It goes along part of the Willamette river.

Caden insists on pushing the stroller on our walks. He often pushes it off the trail.

He's such a boy. Always picking up sticks and rocks.

3 comments:

Darcee said...

He is such a boy and a really, really cute one! I wish they outgrew the stick and rock thing but it just seems to get worse. Stay strong on the camp trailer thing. Clint's "hill-billy bone" needs to stay in check. :)

Stephanie said...

Caden gets cuter and cuter. That's awesome that you have access to so many trails.

I'm going to have to call you to know what projects you do...I feel so busy right now with taking care of Henry, cleaning, and doing stuff for a spouse club I'm a part of, but think when I move I'll be looking for stuff to keep me busy.

By the way, thanks again for the book you sent me ("Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child"). I pick it up whenever I have questions and it always seems to help -- usually just confirming that things are normal.

Jeff and Nichole said...

Well... even the cons sound like pros to me! Corvallis sounds like a great place to live. Can't believe it's only been a year since we were all in Provo.