Saturday, September 11, 2010

August

The month of August flew by and kept us pretty busy. We made our way to Yakima so Clint could go on his yearly fishing trip to Idaho with his dad and brothers. Caden and I stayed behind and went swimming, played with cousins, aunts, and uncles, and ate lots of good food. After the boys got back from fishing, we headed back to Portland for Bucky (Clint's little bro) and Emily's wedding. They got married in the Portland temple and were sealed by Clint's grandpa. Caden had other plans of his own that day. He was pretty much a terror from lack of sleep from the previous day. He looked cute in his khaki pants, white shirt, and hot pink tie, but he was not a happy camper. In October we are headed to North Carolina for Bryce and Erin's wedding (Clint's older brother). This last wedding confirmed why we are NOT taking Caden with us. I'm so excited to actually be able to enjoy the wedding instead of trying to reason with and chase a 1 1/2 year old. 

Jade and Caden at the wedding

We spent a few hours at the beach one weekend. Here's Caden taking a break on the bench.

I love this picture because Clint and Caden have the exact same expression on their faces!

Still at the beach. Caden usually insists on pushing the stroller instead of riding in it.

Me and Caden at the park. I have hardly any pictures of the two of us so I took this one.
    

Caden wanted tacos for breakfast one morning. I tried to convince to eat something else, but he wanted his tacos.
Caden has also started talking a lot more. Some of my favorite lines are...
"It's a light, this!" (He is still obsessed with lights and points them out all day long)
"It's a dog!"
"I bite this" (When he's eating)
"It's a pool" (whenever he's in the tub or pointing out the river)

The other day we were looking at a family picture and Caden was pointing at Clint and saying "dad". I pointed to him and asked who it was and he said "Caden". Then I pointed to myself and he refused to say anything. Instead he just stood there and smiled at me knowing exactly what he was doing. I have still rarely heard him say "mom" even though I know he can say it.  

Another Caden story from this week...Lately he's been riding his trike around a lot more. Yesterday it was getting close to his nap time and he started getting whiney so I asked him if he wanted to go take a nap. I said this knowing he probably wouldn't go for it and it usually makes him stop whining. But instead he ran over to his trike, hopped on and scooted his way into his room. I thought this was so cute and I was surprised he actually took me up on my offer to go take a nap.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

You look so cute, Julie! And I think Caden is just the cutest little guy. Sam likes to push his stroller, too. It drives me nuts when I'm in a hurry!
Also, Sam has the same PJs that Caden is wearing w/ the digger. He calls them his "happy digger" pajamas.

Stephanie said...

So fun! I know what you mean about not having pics...it seems like I have a ton of Brendon & Henry, but few of me & Henry. :)

It's crazy that he totally understands what you want (for him to say "mom") but he won't do it.

He is such a cute boy w/ so much personality.

Brittney said...

Yay for an update! Caden is so cute and it looks like you've had some fun stuff going on. I'm glad you will get a little vacation for the other wedding! :)

Heather said...

Sounds like things are going great. I love hearing all of the Caden stories and seeing all the pictures!! Can't believe that Bucky is married and Bryce is getting married--crazy!!

Betsy said...

So cute. I love his pink tie that he wore for the wedding.
I would love to see you sometime too Julie. Its been a long time. Maybe next time we go to Portland. I don't know when that is but I'll call you next time we come.

Katrina said...

He is sooo cute, Julie! And it sounds like he keeps you busy:) That's so exciting that you're getting a trip with just you and Clint!