Another big change...potty training! Yikes! I probably shouldn't admit that I'm doing this incase of failure, but we are working on potty training. I tried it back in January for a week or two then stopped for a month and picked it back up just recently. He has made some great progress but we still have a ways to go. Every time he goes on the potty he jumps up and claps his hands and says "yay!" and "big boy!" immitating me and Clint. He has become a master at saying he needs to go potty in order to stall bedtime. I think it's going to take a long long time before he's fully trained, but I'm going to keep at it and hopefully he'll make big strides by the time the baby comes.
Caden has finally acknowledged that there is a baby in my tummy. If I ask him to he'll put his hands on my stomach and say "baby". I know he doesn't fully understand but at least he'll talk about it now! Before he would just completely ignore us if we ever tried to tell him that he's going to be a big brother.
Other happenings/pictures...
This is how I feel with Caden sometimes. This kid can run fast and keeps getting harder to catch. He must have inherited Clint's fast twitch muscles because I certainly am no sprinter.
Going down the slide at the park
Clint ordering "ice cones" (ice cream cones) and hot dogs and Caden getting his order
Handing Clint the "ice cones" and hot dogs
Clint's 27th birthday. Things can't get much more exciting than this!! We didn't even have a birthday cake. Clint wanted to go out for ice cream which was just fine with me.
3 comments:
Wow, that is so hard that he won't stay in his bed or room but I'm sure he will get better and hopefully its before the next baby comes.
Good luck with potty training.
Potty training??!! That's awesome! I hope it goes well. I'm still waiting w/ Sam. Arg.
Hopefully the sleeping gets better. We got Sam a night light and now he stays in bed all night long. Maybe that would help?
And happy birthday, Clint! And YOU TOO! Let's see a belly pic.
oh he is so cute in his big boy bed! hopefully he starts doing a little better for you! brady just moved to a toddler bed this week... so we'll see how he does.
Good job with the potty training!!
Post a Comment