Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We Moved!

A lot has happened since my last post. We have actually moved twice in the last 3 months! In September we moved into a house down the street from our apartment. After being there for a couple of months, Clint got transferred to a project in Portland. Same company, different project. It sounded like it wasn't just a temporary job that he could commute to for a while so we decided to move. Corvallis wasn't going to be permanant for us and we had been planning to move to Portland eventually. It just sneaked up on us a little earlier than expected. Clint is working on projects at some hospitals in the area. He's working at just one right now, but will be going around to different ones in the near future. He commuted for about a month and it was not fun! He'd leave at 5:30am since he has to be to work at 7 and then had a 2 hour commute home. It was crazy so we decided to move pretty quickly. We moved into a townhouse in Tigard which happens to be a mile or two away from one of Clint's brothers, Brent. We both miss Corvallis a lot! We especially miss our ward. It was awesome and full of so many great people. But it is also nice to have family close by. I have 2 brothers in the area and then Clint's brother. I've also enjoyed running here a lot more already. The only time I can really go is before Clint goes to work so I have to leave before 6 when it's still dark out. I feel a lot safer here running at that time because there are more lights, people and cars out. In Corvallis it wasn't very well lit in the area where we lived and there was only one route I could take that I felt safe running when it was dark.

Here's some last pics from Corvallis. It makes me sad just looking at them!

The house we were renting and lived in for about 2 1/2 months.

Out for a walk...




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been thinking about you the past few days, wondering how you've been since I haven't seen a post lately. Now I know why. :)

Sounds like an exciting move. Your boys are still as cute as ever.

I've been meaning to call you lately...I'll call you soon.

Stacey said...

that was too quick. :( I still have a thankyou note to give you...I guess I'll mail it. :) Hopefully you can stay put for a while. Good Luck!!

Betsy said...

Crazy, glad it has calmed down though. Moving is not fun.
I talked to your mom at the temple the other day.