Monday, September 10, 2012

In Memory of Keith


Our sweet little nephew Keith passed away a week ago last Sunday. He had been battling brain cancer for the last year and a half. He would have been 5 years old on November 1st. Brent and Darcee have endured some serious ups and downs the last 18 months. I don't even know how they did it. After all they had been through they had to say good bye to their sweet little boy, one of identical twins. Keith amazed us all continually throughout his treatments. He had to go through so many hardships and traumatic experiences that no child should ever have to go through. He never complained and on top of that he was always so kind and looked for the good in everything. He loved to watch shows, play with superheros, sword fight, and repeat movie lines. To read a beautiful tribute written by Darcee click here. During the last 9 months since we moved to Portland we got to live about a mile and a half away from Keith. We are grateful we were able to spend more time with him during his short life here on earth than we would have if we were still living in Corvallis. We love Keith and hate to see him go. We miss him and the sweet innocence he always had about him. He was/is a great blessing to all of us. We are ever mindful of Brent and Darcee as they face our biggest fear and what I feel would be by far the most difficult trial to endure as a parent, the loss of a child. We know Keith will be together again with his family someday. We know he is healthy and safe and with our Heavenly Father. Donations can be made on behalf of Keith at www.curesearch.org.






8 comments:

Brittney said...

Julie, I am so sorry! This brings back sad memories for me from a year ago when my nephew passed away. It is so hard to see such young, innocent kids go through harder things than you've ever had to endure. I really do think it would be one of the hardest trials a parent ever has to deal with. MY thoughts and prayers are with you and with Keith's family.

Justin & Ashlee said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I could feel such a sweet spirit as I read the posts of Keith. What a blessing to have had him in your lives! Thoughts and prayers to you and the family as you get through this hard time.

Stephanie said...

I am sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

What beautiful tributes from you & his mom. Truly an amazing boy.

Heather said...

Julie, what a moving tribute. Even though we never met Keith, I know he has had such an enormous impact on us as we watched him and his family battle his cancer--what a mighty boy. Wish we would have been there for the funeral, but so glad that Brent and Darcee have you so close--how nice that must be for all of you!

Kristen said...

Oh, Julie. I am so sad to hear about Keith. I read Darcee's post, too. He sounds like such an amazing little boy. My prayers are with you and his family.

Cami said...

I was just wondering about him. So sorry to hear. His family is definitely in our prayers. What a sweet boy!

Stacey said...

Julie this breaks my heart to hear. I'm soo sorry, so sorry for your family's loss and for Cole. It is my worst fear as a parent to have to say goodbye to a child...we send prayers your way. After the funeral is the hardest...we pray that the Lord will strengthen your family at this time.

Unknown said...

Oh this breaks my heart, especially reading Darcee's post. It really is a parent's worst fear. Sounds like such an amazing kid though! Thank goodness for forever families