Monday, September 21, 2009

Bath Time


Caden's bath time used to be a lot of fun. He would sit and play with his toys and splash the water. Then he decided that it would be fun to start crawling around in the tub. This inevitably led to slipping and falling followed by crying, but didn't seem to stop him. We were unsuccessful at trying to make him sit still. Well, now he's decided to start standing in the tub which is way worse!! We cannot make him sit down. We try distracting him with his toys and removing him from the standing position and making him sit, but he just jumps right back up and thinks it's funny. He also tries climbing out of the tub, but it's too tall for him to get anywhere for now. I can already tell he's making progress at climbing out.


He stands just like this the WHOLE time

7 comments:

Sara said...

ooo, that was always frustrating with my siblings. Does he play with the faucet and try to turn it to really hot or really cold? But man, he is soooo cute! I love his little smile.

Brendon said...

So frustrating, but so darn cute! I just love that innocent face.

The dragon costume is DARLING!!!

P.S. I was thinking about you last weekend & that I need to call you soon :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha I can't help but laugh at that little sneak! He seems like such a happy baby. I need to call you soon so we can chat... It just wasn't the same without you at my baby shower =( I don't even know if you ever got the invitation, cuz there were some address mix-ups but oh well. It was still fun! We're still planning on both Hillsboro and Yakima for Thanksgiving so we'll have to figure things out later.

Ryan and Rachel said...

No way!!! Trevor started doing that too, I might get some sort of slip proof mat for the tub because it doesn't look like he'll stop. Red hair huh?? Crazy!

Kristen said...

Who can get mad at him though with that cute face? I love it! Sam likes to stand a lot, too.

Brittney said...

Ditto to Kristen's comment. What a cutie!!! :)

Katrina said...

I'm sure that makes you anxious during the whole bath! We got one of those non-slip bath tub mat things (you know, with suctions cups on the bottom...I'm sure there's an actual name, I'm just blanking) to put down just when Juliet gets a bath, because slipping makes me nervous too! And I've heard about faucet covers too that are supposed to cushion them in case (they're probably at Target or Babies R Us). He looks so cute though, and so proud of himself!