For the first time I feel like Caden is actually sleeping like a baby. He's finally started sleeping through the night most of the time! His naps have also been improving a ton and are much longer than they used to be. Maybe it's all his crawling and laps around our apartment that's wearing him out! I do realize that some moms have it way worse so I shouldn't complain, but I do think 8 months is long enough. I was definitely not anticipating him taking 8 months to sleep completely through the night. I guess I'll just be prepared for our future children whether they are better or worse with sleeping. Now I just need to work on myself sleeping through the night! I usually wake up 2 or 3 times a night anticipating Caden waking up or just waking up to him crying out for a minute. I just can't seem to relax and I'm not so sure my sleep will ever be the same again until all our kids are past the age of 16 and they are potty trained, can get up on their own, and can help themselves to breakfast if they are hungry.
On a completely unrelated note, here are some pics of Caden's possible Halloween costume. It's a dinosaur and may be too small by the time Halloween rolls around, but I had to see if it fit...

Translation of Caden's thoughts: "That looks like a yummy treat..."

"I think I'll give it a lick to see if it tastes good!" (Hopefully the cashier doesn't notice if I decide to return it :))

Side shot. Still mostly interested in the tag on the costume.
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, how cute! Where'd you get the costume? I really want Carter to come before Halloween, but of course you can't really plan for that.. I'm glad he's finally sleeping, that's gotta be such a nice break for you! If it makes you feel any better, I wake up several times during the night too- for bathroom breaks. But then again, you remember how that is =)
I remember Clara slept through the night for the first time when she was 5 months old. She didn't do it again til she was 8 months. It was an exciting night at 5 months then 3 more months of dissapointment and fatigue. It was horrible. The others did much better and slept sooner. I know it's controversial but I started using "Babywise" with my 4th and used it with numbers 5-7 too. It kept me sane and my kids slept so much better even through their toddler years. I'm a total believer in that system due to my own experience with it. I only wish I'd known about it with baby #1.
Hooray for sleeping through the night, that is tough when your not getting the sleep you need. Love the dinosaur costume.
OK. Caden is squeezable in that dinosaur costume! I love it! And hooray for sleeping through the night. That's a huge milestone no matter when it happens. And you're right. You just never really sleep well as a mom. Fun, huh?
That's a sweet costume! I think I might get the adult version for this halloween. We miss seeing you guys. Hope all is going well!
Julie that costume is so cute! Congrats on getting him to sleep through the night too!
Hey Julie, So sorry to hear about the sleeping. Trey was the same way, in fact he still is. He is 16 months old now and we finally have him sleeping through the majority of the nights. I have read almost every book out there. The one that seemed to have helped us the most is Sleep Sense. It's online the doctor's name is Dana Obleman if you are interested. It cost money, but I was desperate. Good luck!
Pretty cute! Can't wait to see you:)
Post a Comment