Sunday, November 8, 2009

What we've been up to

This last month has been very busy. I spent a week in Vancouver babysitting some of my nephews and niece and then another week in Yakima visiting with my sister Sarah and her kids who were in from Ohio. My sister Jen and her little boy Bennett also came to visit us in Corvallis for a day!

Caden is still crawling, but he's made a lot of progress towards walking. He's been cruising furniture and standing a little bit more on his own. He also finally got his first tooth when he turned 10 months. This last week I started swimming lessons with Caden. He LOVES it and won't stop splashing. He splashes water in all the other babies faces and usually has a big smile on his face. All the other babies seem to sit nicely in their mom's arms, but Caden is a little more resistant and gives me a pretty good workout wrestling him the whole time. Here are some highlights from over the last month. Over the last couple of weeks away from Corvallis, Caden has been around a lot of his cousins. Most of the time the older cousins would either bring Caden a toy or take one away from him that they were worried about him having (usually the toy they took away from him was the one they wanted to play with).


Caden liked being pushed around on this little trike that was his cousin Ethan's. He's not quite ready for one of his own yet.


Look closely! Do you see Caden? He crawled into the cupboard while my mom and nieces were making cupcakes. He was probably trying to hide from all of the boy cousins who where taking toys from him.
Hopefully the beaters to the mixer got washed after Caden drooled all over them.



We went and picked apples one day in Yakima. I think I spent more time taking pictures than picking apples.


Picking apples with the cousins


My mom, Sarah, me and Jen


And, we also spent Halloween in Yakima. Caden seemed to like his dinosaur costume even when we had the hood on him.

5 comments:

Jeff and Nichole said...

whoa, that was a busy month! The apple orchard pics look so nice! Caden is a really cute dragon.
So, are you guys going to be in Yakima around Christmas?

Unknown said...

So cute! Caden looks like such a mini Clint. I love him sneaking into the cupboard, haha.. I'm gonna be in trouble once Carter starts moving around cuz our house is sooo not babyproof!
I'm so excited to see you in a few weeks!

Taylor and Valerie said...

O my gosh! I didn't know Caden had red hair! He is so adorable! Where are you guys gonna be for the holidays?

Katrina said...

Very cute! It sounds like you had a fun few weeks. Caden looks like he's growing up a lot. I love that he sneaked into the cupboard.

Bryce and Leanna said...

Caden looked so cute in his costume!! You have really had your hands full Julie, now you need to relax a little!!