Sunday, December 19, 2010

Birthday Boy

It's that time of year again...yep, Caden's birthday!! I still have a hard time accepting that Caden's birthday is exactly 1 week before Christmas and always will be. I just need to get used to the fact that there will always be more junk food and extra parties around Christmas time until Caden is grown up and out of the house. I can't believe he's two already. This year has really flown by. I love hearing him learn how to talk and trying to decipher what he is asking for sometimes. He's growing up way too fast and Clint has already started talking about getting him an electric dirt bike when he turns 3. Yikes!! I don't think I'll be able to watch him learning to ride that. Luckily it does have training wheels and only goes so fast.

This year's birthday theme was Cars. Surprise, surprise. I made him a Cars birthday cake. We also got him some Cars books, and for Christmas we got him a big Cars surprise, but I'll save that for later. All day Caden has been asking for cake and doesn't understand that he has to wait until "Dad gets home." I knew I should have tried to hide it somewhere! We actually celebrated his birthday on Friday, the day before his birthday because we had Clint's work Christmas party in Portland that night.

Birthday dinner...pizza

Opening presents


 
Cake time



The look on Caden's face when we sang and tried to get him to blow out the candles. He didn't even attempt to blow at them. Maybe next year!

My mom wrote a poem for Caden's birthday that is so cute! It perfectly describes him. I don't know how she does it. I didn't inherit her creative writing skills. Here it is...

I’m not the kind to sit and sigh
No, I’m a take action kind of guy!

When I was very small, sleeping was not my thing
You could end my short naps with just a cell ring

Now I can evade any adult if they stand in my way
Throwing rocks and being outside is my kind of play

I do like “shows” and music soothes my soul ‘til I rest
I love to be quite silly and can keep up with the best

I have a sweet voice and a kind smile to boot
But if I’m distressed you should just hear me hoot!!

I can express such displeasure with my loud army yell
And the look on my face says “NO” is what I will tell!

When I’m out with my mom, my red hair is a hit
I know I’m really cute and can flirt quite a bit

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute poem!! Your mom definitely is creative. I can't believe how much older Caden is looking, it's so crazy. Jules actually I think you did inherit some creativity because your birthday cakes you decorate are the bomb! haha... Excited to see you guys up here in Yak!!

Bryce and Leanna said...

Caden looks so old in those pictures!! I wish we could have been there for Christmas to see all of you!

Unknown said...

I love that cake! You are amazing!

Jeff and Nichole said...

Wow it's hard to believe Caden is two! Sorry we didn't get to see you guys at Christmas. We'll get back to Yak-town some day!

Katrina said...

Wow, cute poem! He sounds like he's such a fun little guy. Congratulations on two years! I can't wait to find out what the Christmas Cars surprise was...