Hunter came unexpected last Monday, but we were all happy to have him come a little early. Clint had been gone for part of the weekend in Bend dirt biking with family with no cell coverage. We both thought it was early enough that we didn't need to worry about me going into labor. We were right, but only by a few hours! Clint came home Saturday late afternoon and then that evening I started noticing contractions. I thought they'd go away but they didn't and continued on through the night and all through Sunday. We went to the hospital Sunday morning, but they said they didn't know if I was going into true labor or not. They said the contractions may go away or I could be back soon. I went back to the hospital late Sunday evening because the contractions continued to get closer together and much worse. I had a hard time figuring out if I should go to the hospital because my labor with Caden was so much different. My water had broken with him so I had to go to the hospital and contractions weren't really too strong. Anyway, after a couple of hours at the hospital I got an epidural (amazing! I would never voluntarily give birth without one). It did slow things down quite a bit, but once they got the petocin going I had Hunter not too much longer. Hunter was so much easier to deliver and recovery has been a lot faster as well. My mom came down for the week and helped out by keeping Caden busy. My dad was also able to make it down for the weekend and spent Mother's Day with us.
Hunter has been a pretty good baby so far. It's only been a week, but I can see how different him and Caden are already. He's been sleeping really well and I've even woken him up here and there because I'm worried he's not getting enough to eat. Caden was difficult pretty much the day we brought him home so this has been a much different experience! Hunter seems pretty calm and doesn't cry too much. He has brown hair and his skin seems like it might be darker instead of Caden's very pink/white complexion.
Caden has been so sweet with Hunter. I wasn't sure what to expect, but he likes to constantly "go see what Hunter is doing" and give him kisses and hold him. He likes to hand me things while I change his diaper and if he hears him crying he'll go get his pacifier and stuffed animal and put them in the crib next to him. He also snuck a pretzel next to him this morning so we're going to have to set a few rules before Hunter starts grabbing things he can't have. He seems to be excited to have a new playmate around all the time. Hopefully he can be a little patient while Hunter grows up to actually play with him. I can't say that Caden has been so sweet with me and Clint. Quite the opposite! But I think things are calming down and he is getting used to how things will be.
3 comments:
He does look like he has more of an olive complexion! He is sooo so handsome, and I think his little mouth looks like Caden. I'm soooo glad he's been a better baby and that you've had a faster recovery. Babies are hard even when they're good!!
I'm so glad that Clint was there and that your labor and delivery went better this time around! And I think he looks like Caden - but with a darker complexion, just like you said.
It's hard at first with the older kid. It's hard to juggle your time between the two. Good luck!
Your family is so cute.
Awww...Hunter even looks so peaceful and calm. I'm glad Caden loves him so much. And I'm glad Hunter has been an easy baby so far.
Post a Comment