Hunter 1 month old
I knew life with two kids would be more challenging and probably not too much fun right at first. However, things are calming down and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of having a newborn and toddler. Caden hasn't been in time out nearly as often as the first few weeks. It seemed like I was putting him in time out for throwing tantrums, refusing to do anything I wanted him to, or for hurting Hunter in one way or another. Luckily Hunter has never noticed Caden pushing on him or squeezing his arms and legs. I've been trying to keep Caden occupied by going on walks and to the park or attempting to get out and make a trip to the store. He has also kept himself busy playing with sidewalk chalk on our deck and soaking himself underneath the rain gutter when it's raining really hard. See pictures below...
Hunter continues to be a pretty good baby. He decided he didn't like sleeping on his back a couple of weeks ago and so he has been sleeping in his bouncy chair most of the time. The last couple of days have been promising and I've been able to lay him down in his crib here and there. Clint has been taking Hunter every other night so I can get some sleep. After I feed him I give him back to Clint who sleeps on the couch while Hunter sleeps in his chair. This has been so nice and I'm amazed that I've been able to fall right back asleep!Hunter has quite a bit of baby acne. It looks like it's moving downward on his face. It used to be on his forehead and now it's moved on to his cheeks. Hopefully it will go away soon! Caden has a cold and passed it on to Hunter. It most likely happened with the hundreds of kisses Caden gives him or sneaking his pacifier in his mouth. I guess it was inevitable! Hunter has also put on a lot of weight. At his two week appointment he gained 1 lb 3oz! He has been out of his newborn clothes for a little over a week. Caden was a lot smaller and still in his newborn clothes at 5 or 6 weeks old.
For Memorial Day weekend we headed up to Portland/Vancouver twice. Once on Saturday to spend the day with Brent and Darcee and then again on Monday to spend the day with Steve and Krista....oh and so Steve and Clint could get some dirt biking in. Caden had a ton of fun as usual with all his cousins. Hunter was an angel both days and put up with all the traveling. A couple of weeks ago Kevin and Ellen came to visit. Caden had fun watching shows with Grandpa, playing with Milo and making a trip to Cabella's.


3 comments:
I'm glad you've the got hangs of things so quickly. It took me a LOONNNGGG time. And I'm glad that Caden is getting used to having another child around. That was hard for Sam, too. Hunter is a total cutie!
So cute!!! He's changed in just a few weeks! So glad Caden has been nice to him and that things are getting easier for you! And that Clint is helping when he can =) Can't wait to meet him and to see you guys!
Wow! Henry was out of newborn clothes at 2-3 weeks old, too (but we have big babies here). I can't believe how much you are on the go to help Caden. You are such a good mom.
Post a Comment