Not a great picture, but we ate a nice dinner at the lodge one night. They brought us a dessert with a candle that said "Happy Anniversary".
We stopped at Multnomah Falls. It was pouring down rain!
This past week there have been a lot of improvements with Caden's sleep. We've had a lot of issues pretty much for the last year when he moved into a bed. Now we don't have to lock him in his room anymore and he ususally doesn't put up too much of a fight to go back to sleep in the middle of the night if he gets up. Before he wouldn't sleep in his bed or he would turn on the light and play or he would just yell and scream in the middle of the night and it would take forever to get him back to bed. I'm sure there are a lot of bad weeks to come, but overall I think things are headed in a good direction. He has been a lot of fun lately and loves to pretend he's a ghost or he's driving a tractor or there's a lion in the room that's going to get us. I love to see him pretending. Tonight we were hiding under a blanket from all the animals outside. One by one we let them in and then Caden tucked them into bed.
The last two Sunday's Clint has gotten Caden to take a nap on the couch with him. What?!?! I would have never thought this was possible unless Caden was completely exhausted.
I finally caved in and let Caden push around the kid grocery cart at Trader Joe's. Now he asks to go to Trader Joe's every day.
Singing and dancing to his drums and piano.
Trip to Costco. Caden decided to wear his sunglasses since the sun happened to be out. He's not used to the brightness of the sun during the winter in Portland!
"Helping" me make cookies or pretty much just eating the dough and chocolate chips.
Hunter is still up usually once a night, but the kid also goes to bed between 5:30 and 6pm and sleeps to around 7am. He is starting to crawl and somehow finds the tiniest little pieces of food, carpet, etc to put in his mouth. He is becoming a very busy boy and rolls over on his stomach at lightning speed. It's so hard to change his diaper! I can't get enough of his smiles and chubby legs, arms and cheeks.
I think this is my favorite picture on this post...
Hunter heard Caden's show on and was trying to look around the corner to see it.
Trip to the library
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted I was just thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering how you are doing. We miss you all.
Thanks again for the call. It is always fun to catch up.
Hunter looks so sweet. Glad Caden is sleeping better. I hope you start sleeping all the way through the night soon.
SO cute! I love that picture of Hunter too, in the tub =) I feel like your blog updates are good information for what is coming to me within the next couple months, kid-wise! I'm glad you and the Clint-ster got to get away for your anniversary.. sleeping in is SO nice when you never get to do it!
P.S. I saw your comment on my blog.. yeah this training's getting hard, but not as hard as I thought somehow. Maybe the last couple weeks is where it really sucks!
Julie, I am so glad Caden is sleeping better. I can't imagine doing it for a year. Tanner went through a sleeping phase for about 2 months and I thought I was going to go crazy.
I can't believe your parents are going on a mission. I'm sure that is a bitter-sweet thing for you.
Post a Comment