Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prayers

Caden has become pretty good at saying prayers. He actually changes them and includes things on his own that surprise me sometimes. Here is his prayer from breakfast this morning...

"Heavenly Father, thankful for the Christmas tree, grateful for my birthday cake, bless Hunter, bless Keith, help him to feel better, bless the food to nourish and strengthen us, love thee, name of Jesus Christ, Amen" (said "AAAAMen!")

He ALWAYS includes Hunter and Keith. Keith is his 4-year-old cousin who had a brain tumor almost a year ago and had surgery to have it removed. He is currently in chemo treatments and doing amazing. He's the toughest, strongest and sweetest kid I know. We now live right down the road from him and get to see him more often. Caden always remembers to pray for him on his own.

Sometimes he includes random information that makes me laugh...like the Christmas tree and birthday cake from this morning's prayer. He also randomly shares some of the bad things he did during the day like "I hit Hunter on the head" or "I hit mom". Or he'll say how I punished him like "Mom took my blanket" or "I went in timeout". Sometimes when we try to help him or if he wants to say the prayer he'll wave his hand at us and say "no, no mom" or "no, no dad" and then says the prayer.

More from this week:

Hunter is making some progress towards crawling!

Caden helping Clint out in the garage with his tools

Fixing his bike with a drill

Now the tape measure...

At breakfast Hunter was making some loud grunting noises. Caden thought it would be funny to copy him so he started doing it too. That made both of them start laughing.


This is what happens when the older brother is asleep. Hunter gets free reign over all his toys and no one to take them away from him!

Caden went to the Dr. today. He did way better than I expected. I thought he would be fighting and crying the whole time but he was completely cooperative and didn't even cry when they gave him shots. Here he is being silly. He's supposed to have a gown on but put it up behind his head instead because he didn't like it.


Christmas post to come later when I get some pictures.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your boys are so cute!! I love to hear what funny things they are doing. It must be so nice living so close to Brent and Darcee--I am sure they really appreciate it! Again, love hearing how you guys are doing!!

Laura Coombs said...

Caden cracks me up! I can't believe Hunter is almost crawling...so cute! We miss you guys here in Corvallis.

Justin & Ashlee said...

I had no idea you moved!! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new area and I hope all is well ;)