The last month has been pretty busy and filled with lots of good and not so good happenings. Earlier in the month we went on a trip to the children's museum with G&G Burnett, Cole, Keith, Ally and Darcee. It had been a long time since Caden had been there. He loved it and I had a hard time getting him to leave. Hunter was in the stroller most of the time and was content to watch the chaos going on around him.
 |
| Cole and Caden in the tree house |
 |
| Hunter in his stroller watching the chaos |
 |
| Costume #1 |
 |
| G&G Burnett entertaining Hunter |
 |
| Ally, Cole and Caden dressed up. I'm not sure what any of them are. |
 |
| Hunter playing on the stairs. |
 |
| Caden playing in the water room |
One not so good happening came a couple of weeks ago when Caden experienced a rectal prolapse. I had never heard of it until Caden surprised me one day after sitting on the potty for an extended period of time. I won't go into detail about what it looked like but I was freaking out on the inside while trying to stay calm for Caden so I wouldn't scare him. A rectal prolapse is when the lining of the rectum detaches and comes loose and slides out. If you really want to know more you can google it. It turns out everything is fine and he was just really constipated. He had to be on a mostly clear liquid diet for a few days and on lots of miralax and other medicines to clean him out. A rectal prolapse is also a red flag for cystic fibrosis so we had to get him tested for that. The Dr. didn't think his chances were to high for having it, but still a concern. He was tested and is fine. Whew.
.jpg) |
| Caden spent some time just laying around because he didn't feel good from being on a clear liquids diet and being completely cleaned out. He was a pretty good sport about it. |
Rewinding a bit...over Memorial Day weekend we took a trip to Boise to see Leanna and her family. The kids were dressed up as superheros a good majority of the time.
 |
| Most of the cousins slept in the playroom. Grandma B. graciously told stories to them each night before bed. |
 |
| Caden, Cohen and Jade on the swing at Great G&G Johnson's house. |
 |
| Great Grandpa Johson telling the kids a story about a birds nest that he had found. They were all listening pretty intently. |
A couple weeks ago we took a trip to Great Wolf Lodge with Clint's family. Both Caden and Hunter had a lot of fun playing in the water. Hunter was content to just splash away, take a few steps around and then splash some more. Caden spent most of his time in the wave pool with Clint and in the shallow wading area for kids.
.jpg) |
| At the lodge in the morning. If no one was awake, they were now! The cousins were running up and down the hall. |
.jpg) |
| Playing on the bunkbeds |
.jpg) |
| Keith and Clint. Keith is always ready to talk about superheros as evident by his t-shirt. I think he knows every superhero and villain that has ever existed. |
.jpg) |
| The kids playing a game with Grandpa Burnett |
.jpg) |
| Caden, Jade and Cole in the wading pool |
.jpg) |
| Clint with Caden in the wave pool |
2 comments:
Wow! You have been busy! Poor Caden and his bottom problem. That sounds terrible. Glad he's doing better.
Great wolf lodge looks like so much fun!
And what's the latest with your sweet nephew, Keith? (I saw his pic w/ Clint, just wondered how he's doing.)
YOu didn't report about your race! I'm still kind of in awe that you ran it, as well as you did. Caden sure loves dress up, huh?! That's so funny! That lodge you were at with CLint's family looks super familiar... until I saw the wading pool. I was thinking we might have gone there last year but I woulda remembered a pool =)
Post a Comment